Friday 13 September 2013

Yo Yo Honey Singh

Friends, Indians, countrymen give me your ears for I come here today not to praise modesty but to bury it. The noble elites say modesty is ancient and ‘modernism’ is today’s need but this is a grievous fault and seriously we have paid for it.

Many have criticized the celebrities who condemned the rape cases (specifically the Delhi rape) arguing that they are the ones who are one of the motivational factor behind these cases. They are the ones who objectify women in all of their productions be it movies, advertisements or most importantly ‘item’ songs.

‘Why item songs?’

‘Because woman is an item dude. Don’t you know?’

‘Use her and throw?’

‘Exactly’

Why criticize the actors for promoting visual objectification of women when we have audios which objectify women too?

Yo Yo Honey Singh!

Yes, you’ve heard that name. He started his career as a singer who sung adult Hindi/Punjabi songs and went all his way to rap in Bollywood songs.

‘But why criticize someone for his wrongs past?’

‘The point is: has he actually changed? He apparently stopped using obscene words but what he portrays has always been the same.’

Yet, Yo Yo is an honorable rapper.

His songs literally treat women as whores. People who protest with the placards of “Hang the Rapists” in the day are also being fed with the same mentality they are protesting against.

Yet, Yo Yo is an honorable rapper.

I had once heard that world today wanted something new to be high on. I never knew ‘something new’ implied ‘anything at all’.

Yet, Yo Yo is an honorable rapper.

I am told that music is something that soothes your mind and soul, something that persuades you to think. That being the case, this is not music.

2 comments :

  1. Just Perfect!!!! I too felt the same when I heard those songs of Yo! Yo! Honey Singh. I simply hated them. My bro and my sis (Yes!!) loved his (c)rap. I wanted to protest. But I saw everyone loving him. I kept quiet. I let go. Then one fine day I found this ...
    Hah!! Poetic Relief!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just allowed my frustration to burst on that day. :)
    Same Pinch. (y)

    ReplyDelete