Saturday 2 November 2013

Fire-Cracker

I looked up the sky and got fascinated by the colorful sparks it is full of today. A red dazzling light in the sky shook my nerves with joy. I wondered if I would ever be able to celebrate like other people. I put my hand in my pocket.

One..Two…Nine.

Only nine rupees!

How could I purchase crackers with that much amount? Even the cheapest rocket cracker costs ten bucks. On top of that what will I have for breakfast if I spend this money on crackers? I gave a second look towards the sky with watery eyes.

Why was I so poor?

Why a street beggar?

Only if I had my own parents!

I looked down the dark street. My heart was filled with joy on sight of an unburned fire cracker. I picked it up and ran to find a spark to light it.

Finally, I got my own cracker.

I got a match from the uncle sleeping on the footpath. I was excited to see my own cracker exploding. I lighted the match and ignited the fire cracker. It ejected red and green sparks. I shut my ears as it was about to explode. A surge of joy flowed in my body. The cracker turned yellow….dull red….and decayed with a black smoke.

No comments :

Post a Comment