Thursday 31 October 2013

Broken Promises

You said you loved me. Indeed you did love but I didn’t know what love was. I was the sand in wilderness. You heated me with the warmth of your love, melted me with your hug and then cooled me with your calm breath. There I stood fashioned into glass so clear and pure. Why did you break me with your own hands?

You promised me that you’ll be here, near me, forever. Indeed you’re still near because the warmth of your hug isn’t gone and the moisture of your kiss hasn’t vaporized. But Ah! Only if I could touch you once more!

You promised me to come for me in that white gown. You promised never to leave me. Why did you break all your promises? Why did you ditch me for death? You promised me to always take me with you. Why didn’t you take me to your grave?

No comments :

Post a Comment