Thursday 31 October 2013

Light?

Light lures every soul. Why wouldn't it? A powerful dazzle of light hardly makes things visible beyond. It spreads with perfection and falls on everything. Crickets and bands of tiny insects just yearn for a touch of their darling light as the only crucial task of their life.

But halt!
Is it always the bright that is good?
Something sparkles; why is it necessarily celebrated as right?

I had never seen the air in my life. One fine day I switched off all the lights and closed all the doors and windows. A small opening in the ventilator allowed a faint ray to pass through. The ray fell on my face. I changed my position and saw the perfection of the dust particles. The beauty with which the air moved them, their dance and collisions.

I finally saw air.

Tyndall Effect, the geeks say but for me, I realized that just light isn't needed to see some of the most beautiful things in life, darkness is essential at times.

No comments :

Post a Comment